Be a Volunteer
MHAH is grateful for the volunteer hours provided by our community members. Volunteer assistance is vital to the success of the agency and pursuit of MHAH’s mission. MHAH volunteers have helped with a variety of tasks, including:
- Developing and planting landscaping at MHAH’s supportive housing building
- Presenting through the agency’s Speaker’s Bureau at community education workshops and seminars
- Providing countless hours in administrative and computer support
- Assisting in general building maintenance
Volunteers include individuals and groups who support MHAH’s mission. Groups have included:
- Junior League of Wyandotte and Johnson Counties who have assisted with specific program delivery
- Middle school, high school, and college students completing community service hours
- Corporations and government agencies participating in the United Way “Day of Caring”
If you have time, skills, or talents please consider sharing these with MHAH. We can tailor volunteer projects for individuals and groups.
Be a Mental Health Advocate
Mental Health America of the Heartland has worked with coalitions of consumer, family and advocacy groups in the Greater Kansas City area to assist us in policy efforts and train them to become more effective voices for change in the public and private mental health systems.
Examples of technical assistance resources include:
- Analysis of Legislation
- Issue Fact Sheets and Talking Points
- Best Practices and Strategy Guidance Documents
- Model Legislation
- Connection to Peer MHAs for Strategy Consultation
- Updates on State Activity Nationwide for Selected Issues
- Affiliates-Specific Research and Advocacy Requests
Learn about current Mental Health Policy Issues.
Join our staff
Join our dedicated team that brings MHAH’s mission to life every day through advocacy, support and education. Complete and either mail or hand-deliver an employment application to our offices. (No phone call or emails please. EOE.)